WHITE ON WHITE [SS14 TREND]

Is 2014 the year of monochrome?..


Last I was at the PAUSE Mag pop up party (will do separate post about it) and spoke to a gentleman who designs hats.. It took only a matter of time till we started talking about the change in fashion, menswear in particular. We laughed at the fact that back in the days everything had to be co-ordinated. Your hat, top and vans all had to be the same colour to have swag. 

This made me realise how much mens attitude had changed, men fashion is more daring than ever and people are more open to try anything.


For the past few seasons, men’s fashion has been filled with patterns and colour and crazy prints. With most fashion stores collections full of vibrant colours and statement garments its time for minimalism. We've seen loads of celebs pull off the 'all white everything' look.. Artists including Kanye West, Chris Brown and Drake in his 'Started from the Bottom' video. All white is a risk that not everyone is willing to take, but those who do take the risk (and pull it off well) will definitely have heads turning on the streets.


The reaction to the all-white trend has been pretty positive, with GQ writing that: “Head-to-toe white was the most noticeable trend to come off the catwalks this season. Trust us, a bright white suit is going to be essential to your summer wardrobe this time next year.”

I wasn't a fan of white on white before this year because I thought it difficult to find white jeans that suit me.. however after seeing a few designers runways and some street style shots, I realised I was getting my idea of how I wanted my outfit to look changed. Since then I've been looking for an event that I'm willing to take the risk of wearing all white to.. If anyone knows any fashion events coming up, definitely hit me up!



Here are two of my personal favourite white on white looks.. I've seen tons I like but these two make me wanna go out and shop for a white outfit every time I see them. 


                

0 comments: